At Knox Private Hospital, we recognise that a strong partnership between the Hospital and our accredited Visiting Specialists is essential in providing quality clinical outcomes and delivering exceptional patient care.
Due to the increasing demand for private healthcare services in our large catchment and exciting expansion plans, we welcome expressions of interest from senior registrars, young Fellows and established Consultant Surgeons and Physicians who wish to explore working with us. We offer a range of useful resources and supports to assist you with the establishment and smooth transition of your private practice to our Hospital.
Opportunities for Doctors
We are located in the heart of Melbourne’s outer eastern suburbs in Wantirna South, with easy access to the CBD, south east and Mornington Peninsula via Eastlink.
Our primary catchment services a population of over 450,000 people residing in the municipalities of Greater Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Whitehorse (Box Hill and Nunawading) and the Yarra Ranges (including Dandenongs, Lilydale and Seville). Our broader catchment extends out to South Eastern Gippsland and the north eastern regional communities of Victoria.
Opportunities exist within our hospital for private practice in the following specialties:
- Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery
- Breast and Endocrine Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- HPB Surgery
- EP and Pacing
- Structural Heart
- Cardiac Surgery
- Orthopaedic & Spine Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Knox Private Hospital is fully equipped to manage both routine and advanced surgery, with the following services and facilities conveniently located onsite:
- 2 state of the art Cardiac Catheter Laboratories
- Hybrid Theatre
- Coronary Care Unit
- 24 Hr Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Overnight CMO
- Advanced imaging, navigation and robotic systems: Da Vinci Xi, Brain Lab, MAKO
- Diagnostic Cardiology service (Knox Heart Centre)
- Multidisciplinary Meetings – GI, Lung & Urology
- Pathology collection centre and laboratory (Australian Clinical Labs are the onsite provider)
- Pharmacy (HPS Pharmacy are the onsite provider of pharmacy support to all Hospital inpatient units and discharge medication)
- Psychiatric Clinical Liaison Nurse
- Radiology (Healthcare Imaging Services provide a comprehensive range of onsite diagnostic services including x-ray, ultrasound, CT, MRI and nuclear medicine)
- Hospital in the Home
- Wound Care Clinic
- Diabetes Clinic
- Consulting suites
Applying for Admitting Rights - Specialist Accreditation
Health Practitioners are welcome to enquire about accreditation to our Facility by completing the online application form HERE.
Alternatively, if you would like to discuss applying for accreditation, please call the Executive Office on 03 9210 7991 during business hours or fill in the form below for us to contact you.
The process is simple, particularly if you are already accredited at another Healthscope site.
All applications are reviewed for approval by Knox Private Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) subject to receipt of all required information.
Growing your referral base
As an accredited specialist at Knox Private, you have access to an extensive marketing service and resources available to support your practice development and the growth of your referral base. Our highly experienced GP Liaison, Marketing and Business Development Managers will work with you to develop a business plan and introduce you to a range of referral opportunities, through our highly effective VMO, GP, Allied Health and community engagement programs.
There are a range of consulting service opportunities available at Knox Private Hospital
- Sessional Consulting – Satellite/Short term
- Our sessional consulting suites (Consulting Suites B) are located on the ground floor of the hospital and are managed by experienced hospital staff who can facilitate meet and greet of patients, billing and receipting. Suites are available by half day session with access to common treatment room and nurse on request.
- Permanent Consulting Suites - New
- A limited number of new suites will be offered by invitation in the new build, to be leased over an extended period. Successful specialists wishing to base their practice onsite long-term have the opportunity to secure a shell and customise the design/fit out to suit their practice needs
- Permanent Consulting – Sub-tenancy
- Opportunities exist with specialists holding permanent onsite suites who are interested in sub-letting to visiting hospital specialists.
Access to Theatre Lists
Knox Private operates on a 4 week rotating rosters, across our main theatres, Day Procedure Centre and Cath Lab suites. Vacant theatre, catheter lab and endoscopy sessions are available for permanent and ad-hoc/casual allocation. Vacant sessions are routinely communicated to specialists who use the Hospital’s facilities.
Admission Booking Procedure
Our administration staff will liaise directly with your Practice Manager and staff to support an efficient transition of your practice to Knox Private Hospital. They can provide assistance in relation to
- Admission processes and paperwork
- Un-insured quotes
- Patient consent
- Theatre booking
Emergency Department On-Call Rosters
Opportunities may exist to support the Emergency Department on call roster exists for your specialty. Expressions of interest in providing emergency roster cover can be explored with the General Manager.