Graduate Nurse Program
The Healthscope Eastern Network Graduate Program encompasses Knox Private Hospital, Bellbird Private Hospital, Ringwood Private Hospital and The Victorian Rehabilitation Centre. Successful candidates will be offered rotations at a combination of these hospitals, which may include acute medical/surgical, cardiac, emergency, oncology, rehabilitation, orthopaedics and advanced surgical.
Our program is designed to provide an environment that develops the confidence and competence of the graduate nurse. We recognize that we are only as good as our staff, and this is why we pride ourselves in employing and retaining highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated people.
The Healthscope Eastern Network Graduate Program is designed to open doors into the many facets of nursing care through:
- Comprehensive orientation and preceptorship support
- Paid study days to support and encourage growth specialty rotations and potential for experience in other Healthscope hospitals
- Customised program for rehabilitation
Our Hospitals prides themselves on its ability to help realise your potential through providing:
- Rich clinical experience
- Flexible rostering and promotion of family-friendly workplaces
- Supported post-grad education in specialty areas and other professional development to cement and extend your knowledge
- Career advancement opportunities for motivated candidates to make their mark in the company through progression into management roles
We have a clear direction for growth in our hospitals, with facility developments and expansion of services providing staff with many opportunities to work in state of the art facilities. The many opportunities to build a rewarding career in nursing, makes now an exciting time to join Healthscope.
The Healthscope Eastern Hospital’s Graduate Nurse Program provides a positive and supportive environment in which graduate nurses are encouraged to develop both clinically and professionally while gaining exposure to a variety of clinical specialties.
The Graduate Program is a 12 month contract offering:
• RN: 2 rotations of General Medical/Surgical with a potential opportunity of a 3rd specialty rotation.
• EN: 2 rotations of General Medical/Surgical and specialty cardiac
• Extensive Orientation Program
• Supernumerary time
• Graduate Study Day Program
We welcome applications from enrolled and registered nurses who are approaching graduation or recently graduated and hold Australian/New Zealand Citizenship and Australian Permanent Residents. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at www.ahpra.gov.au
Applications from international candidates whorequire sponsorship and who are on restricted working VISA’s cannot beconsidered.
You are required to provide:
- Letter of application including rationale for applying to Healthscope Eastern Network of Hospitals Graduate Nurse Program and outlining areas of clinical interest
- Current CV
- Certified copy of academic transcript
- Two certified clinical reports from recent acute clinical placements
- Two clinical referees
- Identification and evidence of residency status
- Thursday 29th July 2021 at 5.00pm
- Tuesday 3rd August 2021 at 5.00pm
(Unless COVID-19 restrictions are in place)
Book Now by emailing: Knox.Graduate@healthscope.com.au
Knox Private Hospital
262 Mountain Highway