Knox Private Hospital provides on-site parking for patients and visitors 24 hours a day.
There are two parking areas, with entrances accessible from Boronia Road and Mountain Highway entrances.
The main entrance is via Boronia Road.
Monday - Sunday
Up to 30 Minutes Free
0 - 2 Hours $7.00
2 - 4 Hours $9.00
4 - 24 Hours $12
Lost Ticket $20.00
Early Bird $8.00
(Enter before 8am)
New day starts at 6am
Rates apply from the time of entry to time of payment, rates apply for a 24 hour period commencing from 6am daily. $20.00 fee will be charged for a lost ticket.
How to access Knox Private Hospital
- Myki: There is a Myki retail outlet in the 7-eleven within WantirnaMall, or a myki machine at any train station. Alternatively, you can top-up ororder a card online: www.mymyki.com.au
- Walking: Most people will walk 5km in less than 45 minutes. Do you work atKnox Private...perhaps this is an option for you!
- By Car: Knox Private Hospital parking areas can be access by both theMountain Highway main entrance and via Boronia Road (left-in/left-out only).Parking fees apply.
Share the ride!
Car pooling has many benefits:
- Share the costs of fuel and car parking.
- Car pooling is good for the environment.
- Share driving responsibilities.
- Social interaction
Bus Service Details
Knox City via
Knox City –
4 x services / day
Public Transport Services
To access maps for all of Melbourne, as well as timetable information and the 'Journey Planner' tool, visit Public Transport Victoria's website.
Access the map for the entire City of Knoxmap on Councils website: www.knox.vic.gov.au
Tip: Search for the ‘Explore Knox Map’
By Bus: Knox Private Hospital is serviced by three bus services, including Route 901, Route 738 and Route 745. For full timetable and route information visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au
By Train: The Hospital is accessible by transferring toa SmartBus at Ringwood Station on the Belgrave and Lilydale lines. Route 901bus services connect Ringwood Station bus interchange (on the north side of thestation) to Knox Private Hospital, and run every 15 minutes. Bus connectionscan also be made via Mitcham or Bayswater Station, noting that the connectingbus services (Routes 738 from Mitcham or Route 745 from Bayswater) are lessfrequent.
Need assistance finding your way?
Use the Public Transport Victoria ‘JourneyPlanner’ online tool:
By Bicycle: Cycling is a great way to improve your health and save on travel
expenses! Did you know: Publicly available bicycle parking isavailable adjacent the main pedestrian entrance. The Hospital also providessecure bike parking for staff located at the eastern end of the car park,accessed from the main entrance along Mountain Hwy.
Cycling routes near the hospital are shownoverleaf. A full map is also available on the City of Knox Website:
Refreshments and reading material such as newspapers and magazines can be purchased from Hudsons Cafe on Ground Level opposite reception.
8.00am to 8.00pm from Monday to Friday
9.00am to 6.00pm from Saturday to Sunday
HPS Pharmacies is conveniently located in the main foyer of the hospital on the ground floor.
9.00am to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday
9.00am to 4.00pm Saturday and Sunday
Knox Private Hospital is a smoke free facility. If you would like further assistance in how to stop smoking contact your GP, treating specialist or call Quit Line on 13 78 48.
Visitors or patients are not permitted to bring alcohol into the hospital. Alcohol can have significant adverse effects when combined with medications.
A patient’s diet whilst they are in hospital is related to their clinical condition and/or their stage of recovery, it is aimed to aid their path to a full recovery.
For this reason any food brought by visitors should only be consumed in consultation with nursing staff.
Visitors are welcome seven days a week during the times listed below.
Knox Private Hospital Visiting Hours:
General Wards: Ambleside, Chesterfield, Delamere, Ferndale, Kenloch, Miller, Stamford, Tandarah and Warratah.
- 4.00pm to 5.00pm & 6.30pm to 8.00pm
- Rest Period: 1.00pm to 4.00pm daily.
Maternity and Paediatric Ward
- 4.00pm to 5.00pm & 6.30pm to 8.00pm
- Rest Period 1.00pm to 3.00pm - strictly no visitors at these times partners and parents accepted.
Intensive Care Unit and Coronary Care Unit
- Please discuss visiting hours with staff
- Rest period: 1.00pm to 3.00pm - strictly no visitors at these times.
- 7.00am to 11.00pm from Monday to Sunday
- Reception staff can be reached on extension 7000 during these hours.
Consulting Suites Reception
- Hours 8.00am to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday
- Closed on weekends and public holidays.