Knox Private Hospital’s focus is to provide their patients with world-class healthcare.
As one of the largest private healthcare providers in Victoria, Knox Private Hospital provides a comprehensive range of healthcare to over 1.2 million people in Melbourne’s east and south east suburbs.
Since opening its doors, Knox Private Hospital has undergone four major developments.
Now a tertiary facility, Knox Private consists of a 24 hour Emergency Department, 10 operating theatres, day procedure theatres, 10 bed CCU, 10 bed ICU and patient beds into the hundreds.
The hospital is supported by providers of imaging, pharmacy and pathology services.
In collaboration with a large number of highly skilled and experienced accredited private specialists, Knox Private Hospital are leaders in a range of specialties.
Specialty areas include but are not limited to:
- 24/7 Emergency Department Services
- Cardiology & Cardiothoracic
- Ear Nose & Throat
- Gastroenterology General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Oral & Maxillofacial
- Vascular surgery
- Robotic surgery across a number of specialties
Knox Private Expansion (2019-2021)
Healthscope has invested $89.0 million for a major expansion project at Knox Private Hospital.
The plan for ongoing development has shown to be essential in ensuring we meet the growing healthcare needs of the people in our community, now and into the future.
The previous expansion project completed at Knox included additional beds, new wards and new Radiology facilities.
To comfortably accommodate the greater number of patients Knox Private was caring for, new back of house facilities including a new kitchen and loading dock were required.
The 2019-2021 expansion project will deliver:
- A brand new purpose built
- Emergency Department with additional capacity for patients
- An additional Cardiac Catheter Lab for cardiac Procedures
- A new Day Procedure Centre including 3 day procedure theatres and 2 procedure rooms, creating a modern and current environment for patients, staff and doctors
- 4 additional new main theatres, bringing the number to 14 main operating theatres in total
- A new Central Sterilizing Services Department (CSSD), to complement the increase in operating theatres now and into the future
- Additional support areas for nursing, theatre staff and doctors.