Expansion Project 2019-2020
The ongoing development at Knox Private Hospital has shown to be essential in ensuring this world class facility continues to meet the growing healthcare needs in the region.
Healthscope’s investment of $75m to further expand Knox Private will address the increasing demand for essential services, including emergency and cardiac services as well as increasing the Hospital’s surgical capacity.
As the largest private tertiary hospital in Victoria’s East, Knox Private Hospital is currently equipped with a busy 24 hour Emergency Department, 10 operating theatres, day procedure theatres, 10 bed Coronary Care Unit, 10 bed Intensive Care Unit, Cath Lab and Cardiac Theatre.
The 2019/2020 Expansion Project
The latest expansion and redevelopment works commenced this year and are on track to deliver services by early 2020 over two stages - Stage 1A (ED & Cath Lab) and Stage 1B (Day Procedure Unit).
The project includes:
- New and expanded Emergency Department
- Additional Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (2 in total)
- New Day Procedure Centre - 3 Day theatres and 2 Procedure rooms together with required ancillary services (i.e. admissions, holding bays, recovery bays, etc.)
- Additional car-parking above ED
- Additional support areas for nursing, theatre staff and doctors.
Director of Nursing Megan Mills is excited to be a part of the management team overseeing this expansion of the Hospital and looks forward to the commissioning of the new facilities in 2020.
“The scope of works in this development phase involve the construction of multiple clinical facilities, and we are effectively managing around existing Hospital operations to ensure we minimize disruption and exceed doctor, patient and visitor expectations.”
Enquiries about the current redevelopment can be made via the contact us page on this website or by calling the Knox Private Hospital on 9210 7000.
Knox are leaders in a Comprehensive Range of Medical and Surgical Specialties
- 24/7 Emergency Department Services
- Diagnostic Cardiology
- Interventional Cardiology
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Ear Nose & Throat
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
- Oral & Maxillofacial
- Vascular surgery
- Robotic surgery across a number of specialties